Thursday 9 July 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You

Everyone has the friends, the ones they claim are better than anyone elses. "My friends are the best so don't even try and compare to them"
Well guess what? I actually HAVE those friends who are better than all others.
Everyone always talks about the love between two people, who are so perfect for each other it makes you feel sick. They fall in love; have the rough spell; and then find each other once more, usually in the most romantic and unbelievable ways. I myself dreamt of going to meet someone off of a train, whilst wearing a beautiful princessy dress ala Carrie in Sex and the City, and forcing him to see what he had given up, to see that he truly did love me. Of course it was my best friends who managed to convince me that my life ISN'T a movie, and that going out and getting drunk would be a much better expenditure of my time.
However, why is it no one talks about other love? The true love that can be found within our closest friends. The love that I feel for "the family" (or at least that is what we used to call ourselves) doesn't exactly rival the butterflies that romantic love can give you, but it is definitely much less filled with drama and tears.
So yes, I have met someone, and fallen for him already. It's all a bit complicated right now but hopefully my relationship status will be changing soon. However, if it doesn't work out the way I want it to (and I don't have the best track record with men) then it's OK. Because I have finally realised that as much as I would like someone to cuddle, all I truly need right now, and arguably ever, is those friends who have given me the best memories I could ever ask for, and never fail to put a smile on my face.
You can never call me unloved, because as long as you give some love out, you're always going to get some back.


"Have you ever been in love?
"
"A
bso-fucking-lutely"

1 comment:

  1. This put a huge smile on my face :)
    And you're right, you will never be unloved Katharine, because I will always love you, no matter what you do, no matter where you go, no matter what.
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete