Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sorry to blog twice in one day

World Challenge and my book.
That's all I've been thinking about all day.
Making people proud is all I want to do right now.
I went through so much during World Challenge, and I can only imagine what my leaders went through watching me deal with it. I want to experience that feeling of excitement, and accomplishment.
So World Challenge leader is what I've been aiming for for a long time, and now it's for real.

I also want you to read a poem that I am very proud of. The title is "Four Years" but like the poem that needs some work. Constructive criticism is always accepted.

Fly away on the wings of a dove,
Never again do I want to love.
So I wrote at the age of sixteen,
All the things you did and said
All they did was demean.

Four years have passed since that day
And even if I think I'm fixed,
I still have no words to say.

Six attempts down the line,
The last one eleven days past.
Take it as fate,
Claim everything's fine.

Love will tear us apart,
Or so we have been told.
So why this pressure?
To find the one before we grow old.

"I'll be there forever" you said,
False words and promises,
I lay in my room dead.

You promised you'd do it too,
That if we left together,
Then all our pain would be through.
But you never did,
A plight to kill me?
You've failed Mr. Burbidge.

This is my final goodbye,
If I don't make it through the night,
You'll know why.

But then again,
I've proved myself a fighter.
My hate for you is far too strong,
But those four years have made me a little lighter.

My thoughts are confused,
For once again I have loved and lost.
But after the initial pain,
No one else will suffer at my cost.

Think of this what you will,
A new beginning
A symbol of strength,
I am something you will not kill.


What do you think?



One Tree Hill is exciting me about new relationships and first dates. I hate to sound cheesy but I am finally ready to properly move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment